Sunday, March 14, 2010

Start spreadin' the news...

Wow, it's been almost a month since my last post! I need to update more often. I guess my life has just been hella boring.

This week, the Scot Symphonic Band traveled on band tour to New England, with a final stop in New York City! This was my first band tour, and it was actually pretty awesome. We stayed in home stays except for one night in a hotel, and we traveled to New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and New Jersey with six concerts in all. Katie and I were roommates the entire time, added on to a few other people at some stays. All of my host families were great. I don't really feel like explaining them all since I'm exhausted from being in NYC, but they were all really great.

Riding the bus was pretty good. I slept a lot, pretty much everyone did. They were short trips. Gordon and I picked up some PDA reputations on our trips to the churches...oops. It was a really fun time :) I also learned about a spot in which I am ticklish...let me just say, it was interesting to discover...

New York City was great. The weather for during the week was beautiful, including 8-ish hours altogether in Boston (beautiful city!) Go figure that the minute we pull into NYC on Friday, it rains, and doesn't stop until Sunday. The rain was pretty horrible, and made NYC a bit harder to take, but overall it was an exciting and nice experience. Overwhelming...but nice.

I did all kinds of stereotypical New York things, like took the subway and a taxi. I also ate a hot dog from a street vendor, and bought a scarf for $5 in Chinatown. I went to the Natural History Museum, as well as the Metropolitan Art Museum. We went shopping, and I hit up the American Eagle in Times Square! Katie and I stayed with her cousin Jill in Brooklyn for the weekend. We went swing dancing and it was awesome. Gordon stayed with Jake on Roosevelt Island, which was a pretty cool place.

For the rest of this week we're staying with Bron in Connecticut. This should be a fun week.

I could probably write a whole bunch more, but I am way too tired. I'll try to again another day. Oh, and I bought a fiction book in Spanish! Hopefully I'll be able to get it read!

No comments:

Post a Comment