Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let's Dance! triumphs over all!

I'm at work,and I don't feel like eating my greasy food right now, so I felt like writing.

Many things have been a'changin' these past couple of days. I've been up and down and up and down with my mood, and it's really quite annoying. Valentine's Day was this weekend. Gordon got me beautiful roses, and took me out to the Old Jaol because he's so sweet. It was really yummy, and he drove Tommy! Haha. We watched Toy Story on Sunday too, which was awesome. Mardi Gras is today, and there's a dinner/dance in Kitt, which should be pretty good. I really feel like dancing.

Speaking of dancing, the Showcase has now been turned into a swing ball with several performances in the middle of it. Aaron had dropped out of the showcase, he had taken on too much for him to handle, a lot of which being showcase pieces, and there just wasn't enough time to put it all together or work it out correctly. This will be much better, and much less stressful for everyone. I'm very optimistic about it. I did have a hit to my confidence a couple times in the past couple of weeks. I won't mention names, but we were talking about Gordon needing to dance with other people, which I completely agree with, and then I was told that they know that I "get insecure when he dances with someone better than me", which is no longer the case. But the fact that they said "someone better than you (me)" really got me. When you want to be good at something, you want to hear that you're improving, you want to hear that you're doing well. Right now, I really admire Carrie's dancing. I find myself saying sometimes "I want to be able to dance like Carrie". I kind of hope to one day be that person, "I want to be able to dance like Katie", even though it's not a competition and everyone dances their own way. I'm pretty secure with myself though.

The second thing was that someone was helping Katie and Rita choreograph their dance. This person wanted it to be a blues song, which Gordon and my song is blues, and they said "I want it to be better than Katie and Gordon's" which is the second thing that got me down. Why does it have to be a competition? Do you think we're that bad of choreographers, or dancers for that matter that we can't put together an awesome dance? It just made me really distraught, because someone who is supposed to be your friend and support you is saying this. I don't want to be bitching about it, but I just had to put it down in words.

All together, I'm going to work really hard, and start being more outgoing with my dancing and I'm going to kick ass. Nick came from BW and taught us the shim sham. I need to practice it so I don't forget it! We start Tango on Wednesday, I'll probably just do it since I need to collect the money anyway.

There's a swing dance at Southpark Mall this Sunday. I'm sooooooooo excited! I'm going to go shopping for a little bit too.

Katie is having problems with James again. She knows my opinion, and I don't know how to help her anymore. I just hope that it all turns out well for her. We're having BFF day soon, or need to at least.

I got an 80 on my Spanish test, which means I'm out of my streak of C's! Hooray! Maybe I'm finally getting it. IPA also came in handy when we were arguing about how to pronounce "Carnegie". Let's just say, everyone pronounces it differently, but I say it right ;) hehe.

Alyse, Kell, and Carrie are coming to visit this weekend. Yay!

I think that's all for now, I'm going to research swing alliances in Cleveland. I'm really psyched for Let's Dance! Like really psyched......bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment