Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TV trouble

It's almost the end of the semester....weird.

I'm getting all excited for the house next year. It's going to rock. I got my parking pass today, South Lot!!

So my dad has this idea that I NEED a new/bigger TV since I'm going to have a living room next year. That's all fine and dandy, and if it does happen, everyone in the house will be happy because all we have are little TV's. The only problem is that Katie and I want it on our floor, sans video games so that we can watch TV and movies. The boys want it upstairs with video games so they can, well, play video games. The minute I heard that they thought the nicer screen should be used for video games, my heart kind of exploded. I really want to share the TV with everyone, but if it's going to be taken over by video games and mess, then not so much. I don't want to be stingy, I don't want everyone who has lived in the house for two years to hate me, so I came up with my own answer to the problem. Since Katie and I are moving in first, minus Gordon, we will put the TV on our floor. When everyone else moves in, they can put their video game stuff there, but they can't leave messes. That would be the one thing that bugs me the most. I think it would work, and also maybe keep the boys from playing them all the time since they're living upstairs and won't be walking by them all of the time. My other problem with it being upstairs was that upstairs could potentially be the party floor. I don't really trust my new TV around a bunch of drunk people.

That's the second thing that's bugging me. It's a duplex, so I feel like we are segregated in a bad way. I keep saying "My floor, our floor" but it's not supposed to be like that. It's one house, and I really want it to feel that way. I really want this house to work, but if a TV is going to be that big of a problem, then ugh. I just want to have a huge house meeting to talk about stuff.

I don't really want to leave, but I kind of do. This semester just needs to end. I'm not really looking forward to 8 am classes, but whatever. Okay. Byee

No comments:

Post a Comment