Sunday, August 15, 2010

It don't mean a thing....


Since my past few weekends have been full of dancing, I've pretty much decided that I want to hone in on my personal style and perspective of swing/dancing. Yesterday, I went blues dancing in Strongsville with Nick, and he told me that I need to "get the East Coast out of my blues", which I completely agree with. I need to separate the two, since they are both different forms of dance. I also need to let myself be more loosey goosey, and do a better job following. All of this can just come with dancing whenever I can or want to. That's a plus about having Gordon live in the same house as me. We can run into each other and be like "hey, let's go in the kitchen and lindy for a bit". That would actually be really, really fun. I think I might watch a bunch of dance videos to help me figure some things out, I've also been reading some swing blogs. I mean, those are really the only two ways you can improve, watching and experimenting. I also need to dance with more people, people whose styles I'm not used to. I need to get comfortable, and then add some flirt. I'm excited to work on all of this! I do need to start stretching before I dance. I've been waking up with aching calves and arms....lame!

Friday, Katie, Kyle, Nick and I went to the Lakewood Masonic Temple to dance. It was so hot in there, I almost died. I got all flushed, sweat more than ever, and I had tightness in my chest. It was probably not the smartest idea to keep on dancing. Over all though, it was entirely too fun :)

This guy, Tristan, was at the Strongsville dance. I initially met him at the Wooster dance and realized he was an awesome dancer and that I had to dance with him. Turns out I never had the chance to dance with him that night, but last night he asked me to dance! I told him I had seen him at Wooster and then he realized who I was and said that he had meant to dance with me but never got to it. I told him I really wanted to lindy with him, so he said we would next time we saw each other. We had a lot of fun dancing! I hope to see him more often at events, he's really nice, funny, cute, and tall :) He was encouraging me to go to some lindy exchanges, but I'd really have to work that out, since there aren't any that are going to be very close anytime soon.

For once, I'm in no mood to pack. Maybe it's because it's so hot out and I haven't been getting much sleep. There are six days until I go back to Woo! Packing is a must! I'm getting a lot of work hours in for this paycheck, so I'm excited. Tommy got some new sway links, so he no longer creaks! Now he just needs a good wash and vaccuum before I go back. I still haven't seen Inception. I'm kind of bummed. Looks like I'll need to start a new blog soon, for junior year!

If I think of more later, I will write it. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment