Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Classes are in tents!

Classes have started, and boy am I excited. I'm absolutely loving my Monday, Wednesday, Friday classes. They are: Intro to CSD, Spanish 201, and Phonetic Transcription and Phonology. A lot of work is going to come from the phonetics class, but I think I'll really enjoy it. My Tuesday Thursday class is Racism 101. It's kind of intense, and I don't mean the work. It's hard to discuss racism or any kind of race issues when there are people of other races in the room. It's hard to know what not to say, and what's acceptable. My heart beats faster everytime I'm confronted with a question. Otherwise, it's writing intensive, and I have a lot of books to read from. On Thursdays I have Clinic Practicum, which basically gets me ready to work in a clinic with a client. Starting second semester, I'll get to work with a child on some speech therapy! Should be fun!! And of course there's good ol' band.

My room situation finally settled down, and everything is pretty much at ground level. We pretty much lost A LOT of floor space though. I was going to try to figure out how we could get more, but we would have to move the wardrobe, which is pretty freaking impossible.

Gordon and I had a kind of rough understanding of each other, but we have very much gone back to normal. I think he had the notion that I wanted him to marry me, like right now (which I couldn't stop laughing about). I explained to him that I had no such idea, but I do daydream sometimes. It's all worked out, and we're back to being smitten, disgusting, us.

Arielle's brush tried to eat her head! It was a barrel brush, and she was trying to dry her hair, and it got waaaaay stuck. It took Katie and I about 20 minutes to get it out of her hair. I took a picture, but I haven't uploaded it yet. It was pretty exciting.

I have a lot of reading to do, catch up on rather, since I didn't realize I had to have chapter 2 read for CSD. But I do have good news :) I got my work schedule!! I have 8 hours on the schedule, so I'm excited. They say they're going to hire one more person, so our hours might be cut. I'm sure hoping they won't change the hours because that would SUUUUCK! There are plenty of open hours on the schedule.

Okay, off to read my books of language :) I've been listening to Spanish music a lot lately, and I'm really loving Spanish. I get to utilize my abilities more.

No comments:

Post a Comment