Friday, November 6, 2009

No voy a ir al Espana


So I've decided that I'm not going to study abroad next year. My heart isn't really in it and I keep feeling like I'll miss things. Plus, I think I'd rather go to a foreign country for about 2 weeks rather than 5 months. I would love to travel somewhere like Spain, but the time is just too much for me.

One downside is that I won't be able to work on my Spanish fluency as well as if I had gone. I'm going to try to live in the Spanish suite in Luce next year so I can try to up my fluency. Apparently there are some grad schools that give bilingual SLP's free rides and such. Most of them are out west. Hey, Gordon lives out west ;) haha, but I'm not going to base my future off of him. That makes me seem dependent and he doesn't like thinking about the future.

So yeah, I was just doing my Spanish homework and listening to Spanish music and I felt like making my decision about study abroad. I get to do Zumba tomorrow though! I ordered my own Zumba dvd so I don't have to keep borrowing Eva's. I'm excited. Hopefully I'll get really good at it.

I'm trying to be really diligent lately, I got my first A on a test in college! My professor asked me what I did differently. I really don't know. I just need to be more diligent about studying and really focus, especially on Spanish.

I had my advisor meeting the other day. Looks like I have only one CSD class next semester. Kind of sad, but I'm running out of them anyway. It's clinic, and I'll actually have a cute little kid to work with. Hopefully it's the absolutely adorable Asian one :)

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment