Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Eagle has landed!


Much has evolved since my last blog! Gordon and I celebrated our One year anniversary on the 21st of October. Can you believe it?! A year! I'm very happy and I see this going on for a while. There were no flowers, he didn't even think of it and he felt bad, so I'm guessing there may be some in the near future...hopefully! It's okay, I still love him.

In other news, I got a job! It's at American Eagle and I get a great employee discount :) And since I have a job, I need to get a car, so I'm working on getting a Mazda Protoge, and it's only got 58,000 miles on it! Hopefully I can get ahold of it. I had my orientation today, and I think I'm going to do very well at my job. Plus it was great because I got to try and jeans and get paid for it!

Last night was Halloween and we went swing dancing (duh!). I was a sailor, and there were many funny characters there. I had a lot of fun and I stayed away from the creepers. Speaking of swing dancing, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is coming to Cleveland, but it's on December 15th, and Gordon will be in far away Cali. Katie will only go with me if I get free tickets, so hopefully that goes through.

I have an 8 page term paper to write for Racism. I chose to write about Ebonics, since it has to do with language, and that's what I do haha.

We had a fun picture taking day outside the other day. It was really nice out, and I found the prettiest orange colored tree outside of Holden Annex, so Katie, Gordon, and I went and had a photo shoot. It was fun. Then yesterday, Gordon and I went downtown just because. It was nice :)

Registering for classes is coming up. I'm not completely sure what I'm taking yet, but it will be up as soon as I know. I wish I could take Spanish phonology, but I have to take this one course first. Lame, plus it's only in the fall. Whatevs.

I've been trying to get my GPA up from last years 2.6 so that I can more easily get into grad school and so I can get cheaper car insurance. I got a C on my phonetics exam which makes me sad because it brought my grade down, plus I thought I was good at Phonetics :( I've yet to see what I got on my Intro to CSD exam, plus on my Spanish quiz.

Apparently my Aunt Chris is taking in a foster child who is a crack baby. It's a great thing for her to do, but with two pre-school/kindergarden aged children, and two teenagers, I think she's going to be a bit over her head. I'm just going to reccomend speech therapy for the kid since most babies with backgrounds like that need therapy.

I wish I had more to talk about, but I really don't. My life is kind of boring. H1N1 shot on Wednesday!! And I'm going to go watch "Clerks" at Gordon's in twenty minutes, plus I need to work on my Ebonics outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment