Friday, May 21, 2010

"We'll call you..."

So, make that 8 jobs applied for. I went shopping with Katie at Southpark on Tuesday, and their American Eagle was hiring. Having prior AE experience, I figured "what the hell?". So I applied and the store manager that day told me right away that she wanted to interview me. The down side was that the interview was at 3:30 and this happened to be at 12:30. There was no way I was staying there an extra 3 hours, and she aknowledged that, so she said she would have them call me. No call yet, so in about 5 minutes, I'm going to call and see if I can set up an interview. I would really like to get hired there. The atmosphere is a lot better than Parmatown, but the downside is the store is huge (more cleaning), and it's also 20 minutes away, double the time it takes to get to Parmatown, but whatever.

I also just got an offer from a doctor my mom works with to dog-sit his dog for a week while he's on vacation. They live a little far away, so I'd be alone in his HUGE house for a week with the dog. Now, I'm not really a dog person, but apparently it's a puppy. It also wouldn't be much different from my normal days since all I do is sit around anyway. My mom says he's probably pay me $500, but who knows. I'd be alone, away from my friends, and I might have a job by then. It's definitely in the running though.

Right now, I have this urge to be creative. I think I may start another blog just for those creative days. I don't really know what I'd do with it though. I think I might do it. Speaking of creativity, I need to go buy a phonebook for Katie's personal dictionary, which I'm making for her. I figured a phonebook would be the easiest way since it has the letters and everything.

Dr. Furey reccommended a few books to me. I've got two of them from the library, and it's hard to read them. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to read. One is "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" and the other is "The Help", which is apparently REALLY GOOD. I also need to finish my book that is in Spanish "Pasado Imperfecto."

I want to do something fun this summer, so I thought maybe some of my friends and I could go camping on KI for the weekend. Hopefully it will work out and not just be an idea.

I just can't decide if I want to dogsit. I guess we'll see how AE goes...

Bohemian next week. I can't wait for a much needed swing workout!

I need to buy my Maine ticket!

1 comment:

  1. Just do the dog sitting dude. it's not like you will die from not seeing Ryan and Andrew for a week. It's $500 dooo it.

    ReplyDelete